Menstrual Cups – Why do most women worry?
Menstrual Cup | What is menstrual cup | How to use menstrual cup | Scared of using menstrual cups | Why do most women worry for using menstrual cups | Menstrual Cup vs Sanitary pads | How to clean menstrual cups | Are menstrual cup hygiene | What if menstrual cup leaks
(Don’t miss to watch the video at the end of the article)
I’ve been using Menstrual Cup for more than 6 years now and I’m way too happy to be sharing about such a great yet simple invention of human being for girls and women.
What is the Menstrual Cup?
It’s a reusable feminine Hygiene Product inserted into the female vagina to collect menstrual blood made of medical-grade silicone.
Why is the Menstrual Cup better compared to Sanitary Pads?
- Reusable – Can be used from 6 – 10 years.
- Chemical Free – Made from medical graded silicone, nothing added to keep periods odor-free and what not.
- Fewer Changes – If you bleed less you can use one cup up to 12 hours as it can hold up to 3 times more than a pad.
- No Leakage – You can sleep peacefully in your favorite position during periods too.
- Cheaper – 1 sanitary pad = 5 Rs. – 3 per day * 5 average days * 12 months * 10 years = 9000 – 1 Menstrual cup = 350 Rs. average.
- Environmental Friendly – No burden on mother earth.
- Sports Friendly – You can swim, dance, or do any gymnasium with it comfortably.
- Wear your favorite Color – No worry of spotting or visibility of pads in thin pants.
- Odorless – Menstrual blood can smell only when exposed to air, in this airtight cup it won’t.
I still feel I’ve missed many good benefits, as I can vouch for it and happily announce that this is the best thing that is ever happened to me.
Check the below useful links from our blog
- Popular Birth Control Methods in India for Men and Women
- 3 FAT BURNER DRINKS for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
- Green Gram Herbal Bath Powder for Babies and Adults
- DIY Banana Face Mask for Instant Glow & Dry Skin
Why do most women worry?
- What if it hurts? – It may when you use the very first time until you get a hang of how to insert it, but later it will never.
- What if it leaks? – If you insert it in the right way until it overflows it will never leak. Until you trust it in the initial days use a liner or a sanitary pad along with it.
- Is it hygienic? – Yes, the best in comparison to all menstrual products. But it would still depend on how well you clean and use it. As a tip I would say, it is good to trim the hair around the vagina for easier insertion and ejection avoiding any pulling or irritation.
- How to clean it?– You just have to boil it in hot water before use on the first day and till the end of your periods, you can just wash it in soap and use it. Later again boil it in hot water and store it in a cloth bag.
- What if it gets stuck? -It will never get stuck or lost as when you insert a cup through vaginal opening the cup sits near the neck of the uterus, i.e. cervix. Now your cervix acts as a barrier between the uterus and the vagina and hence no need to worry. Every time its best to squat, pinch the cup to allow air between the cup’s rim and gently remove it.
- What size to choose? – Small for women who are below 30 and never had a vaginal delivery. Otherwise choose largely. Buy a Quality Product as we see a lot of competition and hence cheap products in the market which uses cheap materials and hence may be harmful.
- It didn’t suit me? You just need time to suit yourself to the greatest discovery of mankind. Try a day, 2 days, or 2 or 3 cycles until you get hold of it, but never quite is my request. Not everyone gets the right way at first go, so give yourself and the Menstrual cup more time and positivity.
Can my young daughter use it before Marriage?
Yes, because the hymen is not a sign of losing virginity but it is a sign of an active girl who played good sports or been exercising well or just that her own. They will have to use the right fold to insert the menstrual cup to the entrance of their vagina which is more tender and smaller comparatively. She may feel uncomfortable in the beginning, but she can take time and try again just like I would suggest you to use it. Remember her vagina won’t stretch with the usage of Menstrual cup as it is a muscle that can stretch and go back to its original shape just like a rubber band.
Multiple folds to use menstrual cups
- C Fold – Most commonly used fold but the widest of all and hence it can be difficult for younger women. Otherwise, it is the easiest fold and looks like this. Take a cup fold it into half so that the lips touch and then again fold it into half bringing the other side lengthwise. The point of insertion would look in the shape of C from the top.
- Punchdown Fold – Creates the smallest area of insertion and hence good for young girls or beginners. Take a cup, use a finger to push the lip down, remove your finger, and then squeeze the edge of the cup together. Hold in the same position and insert it.
- 7 Fold or Trianger Fold – Another fold with a smaller area of insertion favored by young women and beginners. Fold your menstrual cup in half touching the lips and then fold the right top to form a 7 shape or bring the right corner to the base of the cup to create a triangular shape.
Video: Menstrual Cups – Why do most women worry?
- Video in Hindi – मेंस्ट्रुअल/ पीरियड कप से डरते है?
- Video in Kannada – ಏನಿದು ಮುಟ್ಟಿನ ಕಪ್? ಬಳಸಲು ಭಯವೇ?
Thank you for reading this article. For regular updates please join our Instagram, Facebook Page, Pinterest, and our YouTube Channel. You can also join our Facebook Group or WhatsApp Group for regular discussions. Check TOTS AND MOMS Family for queries related to our Organic Products. Please don’t forget to leave a comment below.