Valentine’s Day is the day when couples around the world celebrate their love together. Chocolates and flowers, expensive dinners, and lots of sex are usually on the cards. But not everyone gets to spend Valentine’s Day with a loved one.
According to a survey carried out by Statista in 2022, there are around 36.05 million single adult male and female households in America. There’s a chance this number is even higher considering it was based on single households and doesn’t include adult children of families.
What we are trying to convey is that despite all the love thrown around on February 14th, there are a lot of people who spend the day sat at home eating ice cream in their PJs while watching romantic comedies. Maybe you are one of them? Whatever the case, you can make things better by creating Valentine’s messages for friends and letting them know you still love them.
It might sound a little corny, but reminding your wider circle of friends that you love them is something we should all be doing on a regular basis, not just on Valentine’s Day. But V-Day is a good reminder and excuse to wish your friends well and show them you care. The easiest way to do this is by giving them a call, but if you’re not a phone person, shoot them a text or even better, grab a Valentine’s Day card and scribble a funny message for them.
Laughter is the best medicine for any alignment, so cheer up your single buddies with a funny Valentine’s message. There are so many things you can write to bring a smile to their dial, but if words aren’t your strong suit, we are here to help. We’ve come up with a selection of our favorite Valentine’s messages for friends we think to make great content to send your mates. Hopefully, you can find one that clicks and show your single guy and gal friends that life isn’t too bad and that you’ll always be there for them, just not on Valentine’s Day.
56 Funny Valentine’s Messages for Friends
These funny messages can be sent to single friends or those in a relationship. They express the many sides of V-Day and your true friends will appreciate receiving them, even if some are cheesy love messages.
1. Whoever said Valentine’s day is only for lovers? I love you my best friend! Happy Valentine’s Day.
2. You stole a pizza my heart! You saucy thing.
3. Love is like peeing your pants in that everyone can see it but only you can feel it. Thanks for being the pee in my pants.
4. Unlike toilet paper, my love for you will never run out. Happy Valentine’s Day forever!
5. Valentine’s Day meant nothing to me before you, it still means nothing. But I love you anyway.
6. The only card I want for Valentine’s Day is a visa.
7. Love means nothing in tennis, but it’s everything in life. Happy V-Day.
8. The best way to spend this valentine’s day for me is to spend it with the love of my life – food. Wishing a happy Valentine’s Day to you!
9. I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day with my X… Box 360.
10. On Valentine’s Day, it can be difficult to be alone, but it helps to fortify yourself with chocolate, the remote, and a vivid memory of your worst date. Happy Valentine’s Day.
11. Celebrating Valentine’s Day looks great in movies. But in real life, it’s just horrible and costly. Try buying a bouquet of flowers and you’ll know.
12. We have come a long way over the years and there are only two things that have grown in this wonderful journey… one is our love my dear and the second is your weight… Happy Valentine’s Day to you my sweet friend.
13. I donut know what I’d do without you. I donut want to know. Love you.
14. You don’t need flowers to smell sweet and don’t need ornaments to look beautiful. And then I thought you don’t need a Valentine’s Day either to be loved!
15. Love is so much more than a four-letter word. It’s said in your actions and the way you treat me, my wonderful friend.
16. Soon Valentine’s Day is going to arrive and I am sending you free advice to tell you that it is still not too late… Just break up with the loser and save all your money… Happy Valentine’s Day my amazing friend.
17. You cannot define love in one word and you cannot celebrate love in one day. That’s why I don’t have any plans with you for this Valentine’s Day!
18. If you feel sad that you’re alone on Valentine’s Day, just remember no one loves you on the other 364 days of the year either.
19. Orange you glad we met? Your sweet squeezes weaken my knees.
20. Valentine’s Day is the perfect day for me to tell you those three special words… Let’s get naked.
21. Come be anti-social with me this Valentine’s Day.
22. Today, let us celebrate the early demise of all men in promoting love just like Saint Valentine did before his own sad demise.
23. I love the way people ask me about my plans for Valentine’s Day as if they don’t know I’m single.
24. I wish you a beary Happy Valentine’s… With all my huggy heart.
25. To my close friend, wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day. I hope you will enjoy yourself with your girlfriend since she won’t leave you to accompany your friends for a night out partying.
26. Happy Valentine’s on this beautiful day. Let’s celebrate our happiness at being single by going out and getting shitfaced. Happy V-Day.
27. May all the love you’ve thrown out there into the world come back to smack you in the nicest way. Happy Valentine’s Day my great friend.
28. Don’t hesitate in expressing your love to me. Don’t hesitate in wishing me Happy Valentine’s Day. We may not be lovers but our love is surely eternal.
29. Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day that’ll make you wag your tail. If you had one.
30. I hate valentine’s day because it makes me feel lonely and disconnected from the world. But I do like the memes. So yeah, keep sending me those!
31. Dear friend, don’t feel bad if you see your ex with someone else. Remember, our parents taught us to give the things we don’t need to the less fortunate.
32. I love you more than… more than… It would appear I love you more.
33. It feels so sad to know that you don’t have any special person to spend Valentine’s day with. You better spend the day with me, and better luck next year.
34. On this Valentine’s Day, if you don’t have anyone, don’t be sad. Just know that you’re not the only one.
35. May you find true love this Valentine’s Day.
36. Friends who love you, friends who support you… these are the true Valentines. Also, I’m single this year so if you want to hang out and be single together on this special day hit me up.
37. You are my sweet and true friend and I love you wholeheartedly. I wish you a wonderful Valentine’s Day celebration and that you get a nice cherished moment of love at some point during the day.
38. You’re the glaze to my donut, the sweet to my heart! Love you.
39. I am sending you the best Valentine’s Day wishes for a wonderful Valentine’s celebration, even if you’re alone.
40. Hoping you have a romantic Valentine’s Day my close friend and here’s to our true friendship lasting for many more Valentine’s Day celebrations.
41. Love is just like a fart. If you push it, it will be crap. Happy valentine’s day, my friend!
42. Girlfriends are temporary, friends are permanent. Accept this truth, my friend. Let’s spend this Valentine’s Day drunk out of our brains.
43. If you feel lonely today, just remind yourself that yesterday you felt the same as today, and tomorrow will not be different either. Happy Valentine’s Day.
44. You may not have someone to love but at least your wallet in your pocket is safe & secure. Enjoy your day man.
45. Even God couldn’t find someone for you in all these years. Maybe she is not born yet, or maybe she is from Mars? Happy Valentine’s Day!
46. It’s been a bad Valentine’s Day if you’ve only heard from Team Snapchat. Luckily I have an amazing friend like you to make sure my only streak isn’t with Snapchat robots.
47. I understand, you’re not single; you’re just waiting for something real, which unfortunately will never happen. Happy Valentine’s Day!
48. Thanks for always listening to me when I need it, (even if you’re sometimes just pretending and nodding along).
49. You’re the roses to my chocolate. Have a beautiful Valentine’s Day!
50. We may be single, but at least we have Netflix and each other! Happy Valentine’s Day to the best roomie and binge-watching buddy.
51. Happy Valentine’s Day to the person everyone else seems to have a crush on. I don’t know what they see in you, but I hope you find some love today.
52. What present will you give to your right hand on Valentine’s Day?
53. Roses are red, fitness is great, I would’ve gotten you chocolate, but you need to lose some weight.
53. Today is February 14th – St. Valentine’s day. Women call it love day while men name it extortion day. Have fun.
54. Valentine’s Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is. Have a great day mate.
55. You need to leave the office earlier than usual so your colleagues think you have some plans for Valentine’s Day.
56. This is a day that reminds us that if you don’t have someone special in your life you are alone.
12 Bonus Valentine’s Messages for Freinds From Famous People
These bonus Valentine’s messages for friends come from TV shows, movies, and famous people giving their two cents on love. These love quotes are great to send to friends, be they loved up or single, and will have them chuckling as they reminisce about your friendship and all the good times and how much of a special friend you are.
57. “You’re never alone on Valentine’s Day if you’re near a lake and have bread.” – Mike Primavera
58. “Valentine, just a few words to tell you how I love you. I have loved you since the first day I saw you. Whenever that was.” – Charles M. Schulz
59. “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be… well, January.” – Jim Gaffigan
60. “True love is singing karaoke ‘Under Pressure’ and letting the other person sing the Freddie Mercury part.” – Mindy Kaling
61. “Love thy neighbor – and if he happens to be tall, debonair, and devastating, it will be that much easier.” – Mae West
62. “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” – Michael Scott (The Office)
63. “Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing.” – Natasha Leggero
64. “Valentine’s Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don’t have a special someone, you’re alone.” – Lewis Black
65. “Love is a lot like a backache: it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
66. “I understand Valentine’s Day, as a concept. The naked baby shoots you with an arrow, and you fall in love.” – Trevor Noah
67. “Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve the continuation of the species.” – W. Somerset Maugham
68. “I just want to be friends. Plus a little extra. Also, I love you.” – Dwight Schrute (The Office)
See more about - The Top 31 Best Movies To Watch This Valentine’s Day